Google My Business
Insights and Analytics from State of Iowa Google My Business Profiles
This dashboard provides insights by month about how many Iowans called each state office, requested map directions to the office, or visited an agency website based on searches with Google Search and Maps. The dashboard also shows how the office is rated by Iowans.
Why Google My Business?
Iowans search Google to find out how to contact us. Google My Business helps State agencies to manage the contact information Google presents on Maps and with search. Google My Business lets the State move the pin on the map and instantly update an office phone number when there is an outage.
- Helps Iowans find the physical location of State offices.
- Ensures State agency office hours are displayed with the search results.
- Allows an Iowan to ask the Google Assistant on their phone or their Google Home device for a phone number or to call an office.
- Allows the agency to promote important information with a Post.
- Displays useful information about the State office.
- Provides another communication channel.
Phone Call Actions
Phone call actions represent the number of times during the month someone calls the state office from the Google My Business profile.
Direction request actions represent the number of times during the month someone requested directions to the state office from the Google My Business profile.
Website actions represent the number of times during the month someone clicked through to the department or agency website from the Google My Business profile. Filter information by a department or link into the source data to see specific office names and locations.
Direct searches represent the number of times during the month someone searched using the name of the state office with Google Search or while on Google Maps.