The following terms govern your use of data.iowa.gov. The terms set forth herein apply to all materials, text, data, images, graphics, video, audio, online communications, and other information that is or becomes available on or through this website (collectively, "Information"). BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND ANY MODIFICATIONS WE MAY MAKE TO SUCH TERMS.
- User's Obligation to Abide by Applicable Law
- Citing/Source Data
- Prohibition Against Malicious Programming
- Linked Sites and Disclaimer of Endorsement
- Data Quality
- Use of Website and Information
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Limitation of Liability
- Public Participation
- Moderation Disclaimer
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Modification and Discontinuance
To return to the Policy Section list, just click "Top" provided at the end of each section.
User's Obligation to Abide By Applicable Law
When using or accessing this website and Information, you shall abide by all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including, without limitation, those pertaining to intellectual property.
Information available on this website may include intellectual property of the State, or third parties, which is protected under the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States, the State of Iowa (“State”), and/or other countries ("Intellectual Property Laws"). Such Intellectual Property Laws generally prohibit the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of all text, photographic and graphic (art and electronic) images, music, sound samplings and other protected materials. The violation of applicable Intellectual Property Laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal penalties. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademarks, service marks, logos, images, Information, or other intellectual property of the State, or third parties.
The use of the Great Seal of the State of Iowa is restricted by law. See Iowa Code Section 718.1A.
The purpose of data.iowa.gov is to make data more easily available and accessible. Data contained on the website are considered to be public information, and may be downloaded, accessed or retrieved for further analysis, distribution or exhibition by users of the system. Users who have downloaded, accessed or retrieved data from Iowa DATAshare must provide proper citation on their websites, or within any other publication, where the data is presented. The preferred citation for each dataset is included in its metadata. Link backs to the data landing page within Iowa DATAshare must also be provided.
Applications using data supplied by this site must also include the following disclaimers on their sites:
The data made available here has been modified for use from its original source, which is the State of Iowa. The State of Iowa makes no representations or warranty as to the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, or content of any data made available on this site. The State of Iowa expressly disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. The data is subject to change as modifications and updates are complete. It is understood that the information contained in the Web feed is being used at one's own risk.
Prohibition Against Malicious Programming
You shall not post, transmit or make available in any way through this website any software or other materials which contain a computer virus, Trojan horse, time bomb, worm or other malicious programming (“Malicious Programming”). The State and its agencies have no obligation to detect the presence of any Malicious Programming. Any downloading of software or other materials or any other use of the Information on this Website is at your risk, and you are advised to take adequate precautions (including use of anti-virus software and file backup procedures) to minimize any loss to your system caused by Malicious Programming. The State of Iowa assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damage to your system, computer equipment, data or other property resulting from your access to or use of the Agency’s website or your downloading of any Information from the website, or from any Malicious Programming.
Linked Sites and Disclaimer of Endorsement
The Information posted on data.iowa.gov includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Agency provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience.
- The State of Iowa does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, reliability or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The State of Iowa does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and do not endorse the content or views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The State of Iowa cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- The State of Iowa is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving Agency’s website and are subject to the privacy, security and other policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
Use of Website and Information
INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOUR USE OF AND RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE AND INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN AND SOLE RISK. THE STATE OF IOWA MAKES NO CLAIMS, PROMISES, OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, OR ADEQUACY OF THE INFORMATION OR THIS WEBSITE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS RELATING THERETO.
Disclaimer of Warranties
WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION, THE STATE OF IOWA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR TITLE, LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES OR MALICIOUS PROGRAMMING.
Limitation of Liability
THE STATE OF IOWA WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (EVEN IF THE STATE OF IOWA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO: (1) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE; (2) YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION; OR (3) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEORIES OF TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE.
- Comments not topically related to the particular content
- Profane or harassing language or tone
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates an ownership interest of any other party
- Promotion or opposition of any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition unless specifically authorized by the agency director
- Disclosure of information that an agency and its employees must keep confidential as outlined in Iowa Code Section 22.7, or elsewhere in the Code of Iowa
Content or comments of this nature found on a state agency's dataset or visualization will be edited, revised or removed from the site. Only content or comments that comply with this standard will receive approval by state agency staff for publishing or posting.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Modification and Discontinuance
The State of Iowa reserves the right to at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any portion thereof) without notice for any reason or no reason whatsoever. In addition, the State of Iowa reserves the right at any time to modify or remove any Information without notice to you. You agree that the State of Iowa shall not be liable to you or any third party for any of the foregoing actions which may be taken by the State of Iowa.